A short rant about movement speed


I just started playing Shadow of Mordor, which has a control scheme very similar to that of the Arkham games. Namely, the default movement being a slow walk with a button for sprinting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the Arkham games (I haven't really played any of them enough to), and I'm enjoying SoM so far, but I gotta say, this way of handling movement is kind of annoying. I understand that the sprint is too fast to be used all the time, and your character needs to slow down for more precision, but it's just too slow. Plenty of other games that require precise combat have a faster default speed. Kingdoms of Amalur, and Infamous, to name a few, have handled it really well.Why does a slow amble need to be the default? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? via /r/Games http://ift.tt/2C0TLnz

Comments