Here’s an heartfelt message from Santa Monica Studio, “hidden” in the Runes of God Of War’s Stone Mason Edition


About a week ago, I was able to transliterate the runes on the back of God Of War’s Steelbook, to reveal a cryptic tale of “A bear and a wolf”. You can find it here:Steelbook Edition Runes - TransliterationA few days later, I was contacted by a Redditor here, ToHellWithGod (interesting name, by the way), needing help to transliterate a few more runes. I was so touched by the message that I discovered, that I just wanted to leave it here for you guys, just like I did with the first transliteration. It is clearly a message from someone who loves video games and telling stories, especially when there’s a “dreamer” listening.Again, the runes belong to Elder Futhark, an ancient runic alphabet used by Germanic cultures. Please mind that every “W” is actually a “V”. It goes like this:“For ewery one of Us who wrapped a Blanket around our Nekk and beliewed We could fly; For ewery dreamer Whose wakin’ Fantasies pit them Against great beasts and monsters; for Ewery human who Desires a sense of Wonder and [Second Lid] Discowery in their Life; for the child In us all who, if we Are lucky, is newer Lost. This Adventure has Been crafted by Hand for you. Thank you for Making it possible For us to dream, Create, and to be Kids again.Santa Monica Studio”Here’s a link to my Instagram post to look at a few pictures of it, kindly provided by ToHellWithGod, along with my transliteration on a note.Stone Mason Edition Runes - Santa Monica’s MessageI also heard that someone was able to transliterate the runes on the cloth map and reveal a hidden message, leading to a treasure in-game. Congratulations to those guys! You are the kind of people who make the gamers’ community worth to be part of.EDIT: Thanks to Keith’s pictures, I also tried to transliterate the little package of Mimir’s head’s keychain, and found a sentence in Old Norse. I tried translating it from Icelandic (which is the closest existing language to Old Norse), and this was the result:ToHellWithGod’s Pictures“Allr raustir sem eitt bundinn Godi ok Jotnar”.Literally, it should be something like: “All sounds like one connection to Gods and Giants”; which could be interpreted as “Everything is connected to Gods and Giants”, or any similar meaning. Not knowing Icelandic myself, I might be mistaken - if anyone has a better translation, speak up! I’ll be listening ✌️❤️ via /r/Games https://ift.tt/2r6BgKG

Comments