Bless Online is a mess on arrival. Mod from Discord and Steam are censoring the problem.

At first I was skeptical about Bless Online then I had a change of heart THEN I find out that my skepticism were well founded after I bought the game on release 14 hours ago.First of all, the game is marked as non refundable on Steam and the mod on Steam Discussion and the Community Manager on Discord reiterate this point but for the people who bought the game and currently going through a nightmare then be assured that you can refund the game even after +2 hours of game time.Discord mod/cm doesn't even allow constructive criticism. It has been this way before launch and is prevalent even more AFTER launch. The Bless subreddit doesn't allow any other alternate Discord to be advertise beside the official one (where the mods/cm all seems to be employee or affiliates of the dev).Now, onto the game itself. Bless has failed on three different market; South Korea, Japan and Russia. All these version of Bless were Free to Play. Now that the game hit the west, the dev decided to aggressively price their product between $40 - $150 (previously $200 but the community outcry made them reconsider) which all give a "2 days headstart" and a $30 "base version" that allows people to get in game on a future release date. The dev kept saying "no P2W" yet they kept the cash shop undercover till the last moment of release, supposedly the item in the cash shop is "for convenience" but I don't think +20% EXP or item to make you immune from PVP (IN A GAME FOCUSED TOWARDS PVP) is "not P2W". This pretty much mean if I throw money at the screen, I can farm and grind with ease compare to the "free to player" (who still had to spend the money to buy the game) who will have to deal with opposition kicking their ass when all they want to do is progress.The state of the game itself is abysmal. They couldn't even localize the tutorial section properly. The English feels like it was processed through Google Translate then someone tried to make it coherent. The tutorial ask you to do things that doesn't make sense or that doesn't exist (at one point my paladin is asked to equip some "poison" skill but paladins has NOTHING related to poison). The tutorial also try to explain about "stance" but there's no freaking way to understand what is stance unless you trial and error on your own!Optimization is complete bullshit. This is a game released in 2011 in other region and supposedly the dev wanted the best optimization for the western version. On my 1070ti and Ryzen 7 with 16GB, I was getting 30 fps on 1080p in the TUTORIAL section (that's pretty much empty) while hitting the first city made my FPS go down to 12FPS on 1080p. I don't even dare to up the game to 1440p because it is unplayable.Like most new game, it's understandable that there will be a queue on launch but holy shit I was 1000th+ when I tried to log in last night and waited four hours but couldn't get in the game. This morning, I managed to log in just to have the game crash on me when I reach the first city. This is the last nail in the coffin and I opted for a refund. I'm still waiting for Steam to process the refund and hopefully they understand that for my 6 hours of ingame time, I've barely done anything.TL:DR Neowiz is using Bless Online as a cash grab in the western market, it's their last attempt to milk this game before letting it die. The mods and CM are censoring all the communication channel. I don't even trust making this post on the Bless subreddit because I'm pretty sure it will get deleted. Consider this sort of a review/cautionary tale for people who are thinking to "try" the game. via /r/Games https://ift.tt/2skmIqU
Comments
Post a Comment