Interesting moments in modern video games that require pen and paper to progress


I’ve only played about 3 games that required me to whip out a pen and paper to get through a puzzle or track info I might need for later, but my favorite so far might be Year Walk with all the symbols it needed you to keep track of that’s seen in the world. Once I saw them, I knew I’d have to started jotting them down for later. It’s very simple but it was fun to track everything down for most the playthrough.I enjoyed one moment in Subsurface Circular that essentially required you to make a grid or small spreadsheet to figure out a puzzle. Also pretty simple but while it was more of a mind exercise, I really enjoyed how Year Walk conditioned me to look out for everything in the environment and figure out what symbols mapped to which puzzles.Anyone else encounter any interesting or clever moments in a game that required you to start jotting or drawing stuff? And if so, what did you (dis)like about it? I’m curious how these moments can enhance or ruin the experience for people! via /r/Games https://ift.tt/2Ndby0x

Comments