Limited Time Content is Super Annoying as an Adult


I love games and I play all kinds. I used to play more, but as I've gotten older that time has decreased. I don't know if this has always been a thing, but it feels like a lot of the games I play now all have time-limited content, which is super frustrating. How do other people feel about this? Does this type of content encourage you to play more, or does it end up being frustrating?Battlefield 5, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Rainbow Six Siege, and Hitman 2 are just a few examples from games I play (or at least try to play when I have free time). I get they want to reward players for playing, but it kinda sucks for people who enjoy the games but end up not getting some of the content they paid for because they don't have 5 hours to put into every game they enjoy each week.I really wish more games would go back to the older method of having content you could work towards to achieve, but it didn't have to be done in any specific amount of time. It is nice that in Ghost Recon Wildlands the limited time missions stay, although you don't unlock the special content for completing them after the "special event" time is up. The current time limits end up making some gaming sessions more frustrating than fun, because I know I only have x amount of time to complete whatever is needed to unlock the content I want, and I know I don't have any more time to play the game before that time will end. It forces me to play games in ways I don't enjoy, which kind of defeats the purpose.While I'm sure the game is not ruined if you don't unlock everything, it still feels like you're missing out on part of the game. I really hope this trend goes away and we can get back to the slow grind for us folks who can only game 2 or 3 hours a week.TLDR: Time limits on content can be frustrating. What are some other ways to encourage people to play without having those with limited time miss out on content? via /r/Games http://bit.ly/2sUTxeN

Comments