Any way I can record directly what's happening on my TV from my computer without a capture-card middle man and if so, what can I do with it?


Title says it all. I'd like to record footage of an old Xbox game but I have a few technical uncertainties. Biggest one being, could I use my TV to output its audio and video to a computer what can then record the footage without the use of a capture card going directly into the Xbox. I highly doubt it and I probably look like a tech noob asking it but if there is any way I can cost effectively use my mediocre computer to record everything happening on a TV and directly output it to my computer or if there's anyone who can help me do this, please let me know because I'll be grateful. Not too time sensitive but I guess the sooner the better. I doubt I'll get any answers but if it's a possibility, lemme know. TL;DR: Can I record the audio and video from my TV and have my computer record it live so I can record/stream an old Xbox game, preferably for a low cost. via /r/tech https://ift.tt/2QbfF0Z

Comments