HELP ME OUT. Dell: XPS 13 vs. Latitude 5310


Hi all,I'm buying a work laptop on my employer's tab. I can spend up to $1450 USD. Whatever I buy is mine and whatever is leftover I receive in cash. So, I want bang for my buck. My employer has a relationship with Dell (i.e. moderate discount from retail) but I can buy whatever I want.I use some professional software but nothing too intensive. Sometimes, I run stat analyses in Excel. Most of the time, I have about 5 pdfs or word docs open and about a dozen Chrome tabs open. I'm a heavy multi-tasker but mostly for light operations. E.g. reading articles, email, streaming videos, writing Word docs, and some other business tasks. No photo or video editing or gaming of any sort (I'm a console guy).My major concern is durability. I travel a lot and am clumsy as hell. I need something that will last -- especially in the hinges.Right now, I'm stuck between:(1) an XPS 13, 10th gen i7, 8gb RAM, 256 ssd for 1300 USD; and(2) a Latitude 5310, 10th gen i7, 16gb RAM, 512 ssd for 1195.Dell is offering more steep discounts (relative to retail) on the Latitude series.My friends, what do you say? via /r/tech https://ift.tt/3gj5ku1

Comments