Can we talk about the lack of live view dash cams?


It’s frustrating to buy dash cams personally because I want live view; this feature essentially allows me to check the a live video feed of my car even if I’m a thousand miles away from it.Blackvue 750s and think-ware models are the only dash cams that have this feature.For the 750s, it requires the person to buy their own SIM card that has its own data plan.Another option is to get a hotspot device like the Verizon Mifi and use it exclusively in the car for the dash cam so any dash cam with WiFi compatibilities will be accessible. This route will require a standalone battery pack.Nowadays, the manufacturers are too busy fighting for the camera quality which is understandable but to be frank, 1080p at 60 fps is the best optimal build. I say this because most 4K dash cam usually overheat way too fast.I’m willing to pay monthly payment just to actually have a dash cam with it’s own LTE already implemented (perhaps they can partner with Verizon) plus the price of the device itself. via /r/tech https://ift.tt/3jrFsO3

Comments