What's a game with criticisms you agree with, but still love anyway? If so, why?


So I've recently revisited Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time since launch. I loved the game then, and I still find myself captivated by it now.I think for the most part it's still remembered fondly, and would be considered one of the top games of the last generation. But like many things, in the two years since release, the initial wave of hype has subsided slightly to reveal some primary criticisms.There's been lots of criticism aimed at the pacing and general feel of the controls, but also quite notably the limited, on-rails nature of the game's missions. And frankly, I can't even disagree with it.But at the same time, it doesn't bother me like it does in other games. I think what helps is the fact that the rest of the open world gameplay is much less guided. For example, there are very few map markers, and lots of cool environmental storytelling and exploration that isn't tied to checklists. The mix in my eyes makes a nice enough balance that I'm not bothered by the very linear missions.So that got me thinking, are there any games that you've heard lots of criticisms towards, but you still enjoy regardless? And especially, are there any games that are "outliers" in your taste? via /r/Games https://ift.tt/3mjHwJW

Comments