Black and White was released 20 years ago today. Why hasn't there been more, similar games released in the last two decades?


https://ift.tt/31F8JOd loved that game, I have found that interacting with your creature was a joy, even if a little frustrating at times. It was critically acclaimed, popular among players, so what happened? After an expansion pack and a less-than-successful sequel, the game just... went away. Even though a second sequel would have been able to round out a trilogy. B&W 2 granted you more control of your civilization, let you build your city the way you wanted it by providing you with various buildings. It also let you control your armies in a limited way.What I'm getting at is while the second game, while having a lot of shortcomings, opened up the gameplay, and a third game could have been even better - just imagine guiding your civilization through the ages, basically combining a god simulator with a light Civilizations or Age of Empires style history simulator.I just can't understand the reason no one tried to make at least a spiritual successor. I know about Reus, but it just doesn't scratch that itch Black and White left in me.Also, there's no way to legally obtain a copy of the game, other than ebay. In the last few years multiple games received a remastered version, I think after 20 years, a well received and liked game like B&W would be a successful and profitable (and hopefully very enjoyable) re-relase.I just want to watch my turtle break dance again... via /r/Games https://ift.tt/3dgZ9H2

Comments