AMA: Ahoy! I'm the dev behind Tremblay Island, a new homebrew release for the Gameboy Advance. I've done just about everything for the project, so I (hope) I'm prepped to answer just about any GBA homebrew question you might have. Feel free to ask me anything! Thank you!


Ahoy! I'm Ethan "Cinemint" Hill. I'm a 22 y/o dev from Texas who's currently working on releasing my very first game for GBA. Seven months ago, I was expecting the project to be a novel, but after months of figuratively drinking documentation out of a firehose, here I am with a four-hour demo.I'm most passionate about the GBA because of how easy it is for first-time console developers, comparitively speaking. It runs an ARM-based processor, which means that languages like C++ can be compiled to run without too many issues. Once you get over the fairly tight limitations, it can be an absolute blast to develop for.If you're curious about my project, feel free to check out my Kickstarter, the main reason being that it's the easiest place to read all about it! I'm equally as excited about the story and characters as I am the game development itself, but I understand that sharing my GBA story might be a little more useful to the folks here at r/Games than going on about my worldbuilding or characters.If you want to play the public beta, check it out over at Itch.io! There are a list of known bugs and tweaks that I've already made. However, in order to get everything working smoothly, I've had to make a major refactor a few days ago. I am planning on releasing at least one more update before the end of Febuary, but it'll be a bit before I'm ready.I'm going to start answering questions from 7 PM CST onwards. Unless they lock the post, I'll do my best to keep answering questions as long as I can!Thank you guys so much!! via /r/Games https://ift.tt/CWUISfq4P

Comments

Popular Posts