It's absurd just how good Hollow Knight is


I almost titled this Hollow Knight has ruined games for me, but that's not really the case, I still like other genres but it's certainly ruined Metoidvanias. Every other one I find always lacks something that Hollow Knight nails. It's at the point where I'm not even that excited for Silk Song because the bar for quality is so incredibly high.There's a ton of reviews, articles, and videos out there that can articulate how good the game is way better than I can so I don't want to regurgitate what they have all said. Instead I want to talk about how incredible it is that for a game that has one of it's biggest selling points being exploration and discovery just how fun it still is to replay the game after you already discovered everything.I can attribute this to three main things:Map- Traversing through Hollownest is great, and once you're more familiar with everything you can try out different routes and do things in different orders since the sections are connected to each other in so many different ways.Controls- It's just fun moving around in the game, once you're familiar with the layout it's very easy to get dash and wall jump in the first hour of playtime. After that the whole world is opened up.Progression- Collecting powerups and abilities feels just as satisfying now as when I first played. Transforming the knight from the the starting point of only having a rusted nail and a jump to the end game of being a spell weaving, pure nail having, double jump using monster just releases the good brain chemicals. Plus the charms give you even more ways to make each playthrough feel different.It's so easy and fun to just continue to sink hours into this game and I haven't even mentioned the combat part of the game. The pantheon DLC is an incredible time sink if you want to truly 100% everything possible in it. Someone recently just did Pantheon 5 with all bindings hitless and I'm pretty sure I could try for that for the rest of my life and never succeed. And there's even more to do if you get into the modding community which is massive for this game.Anyway yeah I love Hollow Knight and just completed another playthrough recently and wanted to talk about it. Thanks for reading. via /r/Games https://ift.tt/a3e6nQq

Comments