I just beat Subnautica and I fear that no game will ever make me feel this way again. [SPOILERS]


Building and Launching the Neptune is perhaps one of the most magical experiences a game has ever made me feel. Starting from nothing in a hostile environment and struggling to survive the elements is certainly not new in games. After all, I've played other survival games like The Forest, Minecraft, Valheim, Fallout Shelter and others. But the way this games handles the narrative, told through bits and pieces and the way you grow from nothing to having a massive base capable of launching a space rocket is so enriching.The game certainly doesn't have the flashiest graphics or expensive cut scenes but the story gets to you in a way that I can't describe. The protagonist's struggle for survival and her unwillingness to give up is simply contagious. Getting the systems ready at the end for the launch gave me the chills. The last time a game made me feel this way was when I beat death Stranding and that's certainly a very different type of game.My only regret is waiting so long to play this. If you still haven't played it, I absolutely recommend it. Even if it takes a bit to get going, I simply couldn't put the game down once I started. I found out there's a sequel but I'm going to take a break before diving (hah) into that.EDIT: People have recommended Disco Elysium and the Outer Wilds so I'll be definitely checking those out. via /r/Games https://ift.tt/JEOHuxT

Comments