As a pre-internet kid, how did you discover special tricks and secrets in games?


I've been replaying Super Mario Bros 3 recently and whilst playing I still remembered some of the hidden secrets. For example the location of the warp whistle in level 3, world 1, required having to duck for a few seconds on one of the platforms to pass through the background.There were so many other things like this and I wondered: how did we figure things out? In my case this knowledge came from my older sister, who was probably told by my older cousin and so on. We didn't buy any gaming magazines so in our case we only relied on word of mouth.I also wonder how much of a factor were games that didn't have a 'save' mechanic' back then, forcing players to replay the same level dozens of times which increased the likelihood of finding these gems. via /r/Games https://ift.tt/qdwyZbH

Comments

Popular Posts